Please Note: For health and safety reasons during the COVID pandemic, Dr. Langer is now offering all therapy sessions online on a HIPPA compliant, confidential platform. Contact Dr. Langer at 813-748-3913 to discuss the process of becoming a new client. Your intake phone call will include a discussion of how to access the platform, payment and insurance rates, and how to get the most out of therapy online. Telehealth has been shown to be a safe and effective form of therapy. Dr. Langer will resume In-person sessions when it has been deemed safe to do so.
It Takes Courage To Seek Therapy
Dr. Jill Langer, Ph.D., LLC
Specialist in Women’s Wellness
Welcome. I’m pleased to introduce you to my web site and myself.
It takes courage to seek therapy and I commend you for doing so. In fact, given all we know about the effectiveness of psychotherapy, seeking therapy is not a sign of weakness but of wisdom. Research has consistently demonstrated that those who receive psychotherapy are better off than those who do not.
I am a compassionate and effective psychotherapist who will work closely with you to help you overcome the unique barriers and obstacles that have stopped you from reaching the happiness and potential you deserve in your life.
As a therapist, I highly value our working relationship and am invested in your personal growth. My clients describe me as warm, understanding, trustworthy, insightful, supportive, challenging, and skillful. They describe our work as challenging, rewarding, life-changing, and growth-enhancing.
I practice psychology as both an art and a science. I treat my clients with respect, understanding, and compassion while offering methods and coping skills that are proven effective.
Good Reasons to Seek Therapy
Everyone goes through difficulties at times. With professional help, you can often get through these challenges more quickly and with more insight, wisdom, and skills. There are many good and varied reasons to seek the help of a qualified psychologist including mental health and wellness concerns as well as difficulties with life and short-term problems. Below is a list of common reasons people seek therapy:
- Desiring to increase your sense of well-being, self-esteem, and happiness
- Feeling depressed, anxious, unmotivated, or not yourself
- Navigating academic and career challenges
- Coping with grief, loss, and life transitions
- Feeling overwhelmed by your responsibilities
- Lacking energy and zest for life
- Having problems in your relationships and repeating old patterns
- Struggling with factors related to your identity including your gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or spirituality
Therapy Can Help You in the Process of:
- Reaching your full potential by enhancing your emotional, mental, physical, relational, and spiritual wellness
- Improving your ability to cope with life’s challenges and to cultivate fulfilling relationships
- Healing from the effects of painful grief and loss
- Finding balance in your life
- Meeting your academic and career goals
- Recognizing, acknowledging, and moving on from the hindering influence of past hurtful relationships and losses
- Deepening your understanding of yourself including your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors and all the important aspects that comprise your identity
- Enhancing your capacity for self-compassion as you learn to value your unique strengths and to accept your imperfections